Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Chipotle Pork Cheeseburgers

After a long weekend away, I needed a rest on Monday after work even though it was July 4th and I should be out celebrating. Instead, I went in search of a recipe to celebrate the holiday in the comfort of my own home. I was a bit skeptical of this recipe at first, but the positive reviews and my love of chipotle overcame my hesitance. I have to say this is probably my favourite dinner that I've cooked in a while. Yes, the chipotle flavour is strong, but that's what makes it so good! I doubled the amount of chipotle in the burgers and skipped on the mayo, sliced avocado, and sliced tomatillo combo in favour of a pseudo guacamole spiked with tomatillo salsa. You are welcome to use your own judgement with it. I couldn't find muenster cheese, so I just used an aged cheddar instead. I also added a teaspoon of cumin to the burgers because it just seemed odd not to have it in there. The end result, while not faithful to the recipe, was delicious.

One year ago: Vodka Cream Pasta

Chipotle Pork Cheeseburgers (adapted from epicurious.com)

Ingredients
450g ground pork (not lean)
4 teaspoons minced chipotle in adobo plus 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
1 teaspoon cumin powder
2 garlic cloves, forced through a garlic press
4 slices Muenster cheese (or cheddar)
4 hamburger buns, toasted
1 avocado
1 tsp tomatillo salsa

1. Gently mix pork, chipotle, cumin, garlic, and a scant teaspoon salt until just combined. Form into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) patties.
2. Grill or fry patties until done.
3. Meanwhile, mash avocado and mix with tomatillo sauce.
4. Assemble cooked burgers with cheese topped with guacamole.

No comments:

Post a Comment