Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sweet-and-Sour Red Peppers

I made this right before I left for vacation to use up some of the bell peppers I had leftover. I could not stop snacking on these. It was quite tasty with a touch of sweetness.

One year ago: Tomato Galette

Sweet-and-Sour Red Peppers (from Land of Plenty)

Ingredients
2 red bell peppers
3 tsp white sugar
3 tsp clear rice vinegar
salt to taste
2 tsp sesame oil

1. Cut peppers in half and remove stems and seeds. Steam of boil for a few minutes or until cooked.
2. Rinse in cold water and then peel away the skin (I think I skipped the peeling).
3. Cut the peppers into strips and put in a mixing bowl.
4. Dissolve sugar in vinegar. Add 1 - 2 pinches of salt to taste.
5. Pour sauce over peppers and toss together. Add sesame oil and toss again.

No comments:

Post a Comment